Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Cha Cha changes

Another big milestone is about to be passed in our lives.  Walker is moving to his biological father's house - full time. No more back and forth. No more of his room being empty half the time. There are a variety of reasons for this decision - the big one he does not want to do chores or pay rent.  I don't think he's ready to be a full time adult yet - so I wish him the best!

I'm of two minds - on the one hand I'm sad that he is moving out.  I've watched him grow from a young child into a young man.  I've watched him mature and learn, and I'm glad to have helped with that.  I've helped shape him into the man he is becoming.  He went to his fathers house for two weeks every summer as a part of the divorce but this will be the first time he'll be gone.

On the other hand I'm glad because we are going to turn his bedroom back into our den. I won't have to be a parent any more!  On the downside I'll be picking up his slack but as Sun pointed out we'd be doing this if he had gone off to college as well.

Right now we're packing up his stuff and getting it ready to move. Some of it is staying. We'll be storing his bed in case this whole thing does not work out.  Some of it will be pitched, some donated, some will go to the garage sale we are planning.

I don't know if I'll have "empty nest syndrome" or something like it. We still have the animals which demand attention and affection. It's also not like we're parting on bad terms. We're not evicting the boy - he chose this.  Granted we didn't fight too hard to stop him.

I guess this chapter of our lives is about to close and the page will turn.  A new chapter is about to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment